I found this beautiful picture on Brooke Giannetti's Velvet and Linen.

Brooke's bedroom


It got me thinking about how much I love crowns in the bedroom.

Julie Neill designed this fabulous bed!
And you can get it from her store by contacting
the fabulous Julie Ponze Director of Sales


Right after I saw Brooke's flawless photo, I got one of those tacky home decor catalogs in the mail, and lo and behold there were quite a few crowns there ranging in price from $139. - $445.

Horchow
Not the tacky catalog

Now they certainly don't do justice to the one Brooke has in her room, but with a little fiddling around and some smoke and mirror treatment, I think you talented vamps could work it.


Years ago you could only find antique pieces if you were lucky. Now it's kind of nice to find reproductions in the marketplace.

Antique fragment I painted and "shelled" and sold on eBay

Even though some of these seem a little shiny and new, I think you could fix that.

One nice thing about the reproductions, is that they have proper brackets for hanging.




$2. flea market fragment on top of an upside shelf from Pier One
It's in my bedroom ha ha


My bedroom again, with a more modern version of French
I kept the crown hanging over the Carlo of Hollywood painting


I recently got a hostess gift from Julie Neill! It's a crown! I love the toile tissue paper.

I hung it from the bottom of a chandelier in my bedroom. Now I have a crown trifecta! The top of the old chandelier is a crown shape.

So get yourself a crowned today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Crown Me! on social network: