Did you ever share a bedroom with your sister?

Sisters Joan and Jackie

Nowadays many homes are built with many en suite bedrooms (with bathrooms), so that children often have their own bedrooms and bathrooms. Gone are the two or three bedroom family houses, with a bedroom for mom and dad, and a bedroom for the boys, and a bedroom for the girls, and everybody sharing a one bathroom. And gone are families with four or more kids for the most part!

I had two sisters and we shared one room with two sets of bunk beds. I remember having my own room twice in my childhood, a treat I was given as the eldest. My other two sisters shared a bedroom all their childhood lives. And my four brothers shared a bedroom for all of their childhood.

Sisters Hannah

My sisters' bedroom had the classic set up with two beds, twin beds. I still love a room with twin beds, for kids sharing a room, or for a guest room.

Bedroom design and merchandise from Ballard Designs


Sisters Eileen


There's something so retro and sweet about using twin beds. I have seen over large rooms for children with huge queen size beds. I think kids rooms and furniture should be kid size. A full size bed seems plenty big if the room requires a large piece of furniture.


What was your childhood bedroom like?

Sisters Skipper and Barbie


Did you have bunk beds, or twin beds, or even share a bed? What kind of bedroom does your daughter have?

I would have loved curtains like this on my childhood bunk bed
It reminds me of glam sleeping cars on a train


For the most part I loved sharing a bedroom with my sisters. We got along pretty well, and we loved to chat at night once we were tucked into bed. My father would warn us to be quiet and get to sleep at least three times before we finally fell off to sleep.
Even now when we get together, we will cuddle up together and talk long into the night until there's a pregnant pause, and one of us will say: "Hey! Are you asleep?". Hearing no answer, sleep takes over.

Sisters Pointer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Sister Act on social network: